Saturday, March 26, 2011

My first Firefox extension :-)

Yesterday, it was a "hack day" in my office. In this hack day, everyone is free to choose any project they wanna build or spike on. It happened once a month (friday last week of the month). For this first hack day, I've chosen building firefox extension as my project. There are many reasons I've chosen this project.

First of all, I'm a firefox fan (an yeah, I'm a loyal one). I've been using firefox for many years (I think start from version 1+). I'm really in love of many useful Firefox extension i can find which really help me a lot. Second, I want to learn s.th I can develop for the community. (well, it's 'Energy receive, energy return, aspire people everywhere'). Third, I want to build s.th to support open source community :D. There are many more... :D

It was just my learning project only. The next I want, I really wanna build s.th that useful for other people. So far, I haven't have any idea on what should I build yet :-( If you have anythings you need, just drop your idea here. If possible, I build it right away :D

Here're my first hack day work (view on Firefox4):




5 comments:

Glitch Diamond said...

I dont get what ur project means...
and it names as hack day?

Borey said...

my project doesn't do much. It's just help you to search in the business directory powered by Yoolk (e.g. yp.com.kh , superpages.com.my , en.thailand.panpages.com ...) It's mainly just to research on how to build Firefox extension only :P

From wiki: A hack day is an event where developers, designers and people with ideas gather to build 'cool stuff'. More info: http://goo.gl/334vz

Glitch Diamond said...

oh...from the name i thought ur company gathered to hack some websites...

and if u want it to be powered by ur company then why still use google search?

Borey said...

google search? I didn't use any google search, neither I did mention i use one :|

gäãra-dě-sañd said...

good job!